Advising for College Admissions
EDMERICA is dedicated to providing information on U.S. study and scholarship opportunities and to helping prospective students and their families and referees plan a smart application process. Our mission inspires the type of services we offer: free info sessions (register on our Events section), in-depth workshops for a fee (full details: Events section) and personalized individual advising (starting summer 2016, with a bonus), also for a fee.
All of the events and services we offer correspond to one or more of the Four Smart Steps to U.S. Study:
Step 1: Find the Right Universities
Focuses on two major goals: candidate introspection and assessment & university selection. We will support your search for the right universities – the best matches in terms of study programs they offer and financial aid for international students. Together, we will strategically plan your application process to maximize your chances of admission and funding.
Step 2: Build a Strong Application
Is dedicated to guiding you towards putting together a balanced and illustrative application file that will help you stand out in the competitive application pools at the schools you are applying to.
Step 3: Finance Your Studies
An essential step in the admissions process for almost all of our students. Together, we will research and select funding opportunities that you are eligible for – so Step 3 supports the success of the selection process in Step 1. EDMERICA advisers will also offer you and your family guidance during the financial aid application process.
Step 4: Get Your Visa & Get Ready
This step is an introduction to U.S. culture – academic and otherwise – and will prepare you for your new U.S. campus home. Together, we can manage the many administrative tasks that revolve around getting ready to go as well as around the study visa application process.
NEW IN SUMMER 2016: INSIDER WEBINARS
Summers are a great time to work on your application, test prep and extracurriculars. In order to do that you need a game plan, so this year we’re adding a series of intensive group training sessions to the personalized advising process. Since our applicants come from different cities, the 90-minute sessions will be held online starting June:
- Thursday, June 23, 16:00-17:30: Four Steps to U.S. Admissions and Funding;
- Tuesday, June 28, 11:30-13:00: Campus Culture & the Ethics of the Application Process;
- Wednesday, June 29, 11:30-13:00: Extracurricular Activities Evaluation;
- Thursday, June 30, 11:30-13:00: Standardized Testing: the SATs and TOEFL;
- Tuesday, July 5, 16:00-17:30: Types of Funding Available at U.S. Universities & How to Attract It;
- Wednesday, July 6, 16:00-17:30: Strategic School Selection;
- Thursday, July 7, 16:00-17:30: How to Present Yourself to U.S. Universities;
- Tuesday, July 12, 16:00-17:30: Admissions Essays: Role and Strategies;
- Wednesday, July 13, 16:00-17:30: Recommendations: Where and How to Get Great Letters;
- Thursday, July 14, 16:00-17:30: Open House: Wrap Up and Personalized Activities Plan.
Want more details? Click the Ask An Adviser button or call EDMERICA!