The New SAT School: July 23-27, 2018
Or How to Ace the SAT &
Plan Your Smart U.S. Application
By EDMERICA. For YOU.
So, how important are the SATs in the application process to top U.S. universities?
First, some perspective. There are two things you should know about the U.S. application process:
- It consists of both objective and subjective elements: your transcript (years 9-11 if you’re applying in the 12th grade), high school profile, SAT scores, SAT Subject scores, TOEFL or IELTS scores, application platform (Common Application or the like), essays, recommendations, sample of your research or art if applicable, maybe a resume.
- It is holistic, meaning that all of the elements of the application package matter. In fact, the whole person – you – matters, not just your grades.
So, will the SATs guarantee your admission? No. Not on their own.
But, in an admissions process where the stakes are high and you’re competing for both admission and funding, everything you add to the application plays its role. And SAT success is one of those objective parts of the app that you can, to a high extent, control.
It’s up to you to decide when you start preparation, what materials you use, and how you measure your progress. And we can help with all of that.
In our experience, standardized test success relies on using the right strategies.
During our revamped SAT School, we will provide you with the tools that will help you:
- Ace the SAT Reasoning test;
- Decide on which subjects to take in the SAT Subject tests;
- Find the right scores to aim for;
- And smartly integrate your standardized tests in your successful application.
Comprehensive strategy. Stress-free environment conducive to learning. Experiential learning. Interactive teaching. Teamwork. On the big day we want you to walk confidently into the test room and spend the next four hours giving the test your best. You can do it. And EDMERICA can help.
The SAT School will help you:
- Experiment with the tests to discover what’s new and exciting about them as compared to other tests and the Romanian educational system;
- Learn strategies and tips for testing success;
- Get hands-on testing experience;
- Learn to thrive on novelty and change;
- Turn the tests to your advantage;
- Dream big and plan your application accordingly!
The SAT School will also provide you with informed answers to key questions:
- What makes for a great score and how can you get it?
- Can you score high in the Math section (even if you’re on a Philology track)?
- What does it take for a Romanian student to get 800 points (the maximum) on the Evidence-Based Reading and Writing test?
- How can a high SAT score increase chances of admission to U.S. universities and of attracting financial support?
This intensive training program is for you…
…if you’re in high school – with a focus on those in grades 10 and 11 – or a recent graduate and currently planning your application process to universities abroad. U.S. schools typically require the SATs for admissions, but some schools in Europe also value SAT Subject scores.
The practical nature of the program makes it helpful to both first-timers and to those already familiar with the SATs.
SAT School Schedule
The Role of the SATs in the Application Package
In-Depth: Reading Section
In-Depth: Writing & Language Section
In-Depth: Mathematics Sections
In-Depth: The SAT Essay
The SAT Subject Tests
Mock Exam: SAT with Essay
Mock Exam: SAT Subject Test
Personalized Study Plan
WHEN: July 23-27, 2018.
SCHEDULE: 11.00-17.30 (but depending on the day’s activities, be prepared for an extra 15-30 minutes with us).
WHERE: the pretty EDMERICA office in 8 Coltei St., 2nd floor, Bucharest.
HOW: intensive training with interactive presentations, teamwork, experiential learning and more. Expect a lot of hard work in a cheerful environment, with the U.S. you-can-do-it attitude.
GROUP SIZE: 5-10 participants; admission on a rolling basis.
- €250 (paid in RON) if you register individually or
- €200 each, if you register with a friend.
The participation fee includes an SAT textbook, study materials, lunch, and snacks.
Payment in two installments is available, if you register by June 10. In this case, the first payment will be due June 19, and the second July 6.
Registration is first come, first served. Your spot will be confirmed after the first payment.
But first, please fill out the registration form.
We will contact you to continue your registration in the next two working days after getting your form :)
Learn what the participants in our SAT Schools in 2016 and 2017 liked best about the program:
“It was very helpful for me. We discussed every part of the process, from application to SAT 1, SAT 2, language tests, scores, essay, and a lot of great details that are very important for us to realize our dream of going to the USA.” (Sandra, Ramnicu Valcea)
“I think that knowing all the different steps of applying to an American university was the most helpful topic because now I am certain that by doing my best I can get into the university I like.” (Patricia, Bucharest)
“The SAT essay and (discussing) the whole application process and where the SAT stands.” (Irina, Bucharest)
About discussing SAT sample materials: “It was very helpful because it was the only way to understand what the exam is like and what we have to work on.” (Victor, Tulcea)
“Given the fact that I knew absolutely nothing about the SATs, everything we discussed here was helpful to me. Also, I am glad we talked about universities and colleges although this was an SAT School, since I didn’t know much about those either.” (Andrada, Bucharest)
“I learned a lot of strategies for answering the SAT questions, like the process of elimination and letter of the day. I also learned a lot about the essay and what I should write in order to make it better. I realized what areas on the SAT I need to practice more on and how to build a strong application.” (Alexandra, Pitesti)