Insider Webinars, June 26-August 16, 2019
What are the Insider Webinars?
For the past three summers, we’ve enjoyed organizing Insider Webinars for our advisees. The Insider Webinars are our special series of online workshops for students interested in applying to U.S. universities.
This is an intensive, hands-on program that will not only offer you information and examples, but also the backbone to your application. We will be working on drafts and documents together.
The purpose of the program is to introduce you to the entire U.S. application process – from learning about U.S. higher education to selecting universities to applying for admission and funding and the student visa – quickly and practically, so that you understand what you need to do in order to create the best application possible.
The Insider Webinars are not meant to help you create your entire application just during the weeks we will spend together – you will continue working on your app after the sessions, and we will be available to help with advice or counseling.
We’re organizing 16 sessions, two/week, each 90 (up to 120) minutes long, from June 26 to August 16:
- Webinar 1: Wednesday June 26, 4.00-5.30 PM;
- Webinars 2-15: Monday July 1- Wednesday August 14, Mondays and Wednesdays, 4.00-5.30 PM;
- Webinar 16: Friday August 16, 4.00-5.30 PM.
Summer is a great time to work on your U.S. application, test prep and extracurriculars!
Together we’ll work on a smart and easy to follow game plan. Everyone’s plan is different in terms of priorities and activities, but the end goal is the same – admissions and funding at a top U.S. school – and it’s great to get to know other applicants. Over the years we’ve had many steadfast friendships start like that
What topics will we cover?
The Insider Webinars cover the following topics in 90-minute online sessions:
- Expectations, Ethics & SMART Goals: Application Calendar (Wed, June 26)
- What Does Every Part of the App Do? (Mon, July 1)
- Types of U.S. Universities & Liberal Arts Campus Culture (Wed, July 3)
- Strategic School Selection: Dream School, Criteria & Methods (Mon, July 8)
- SATs, TOEFL, IELTS: Tests, Scores, Prep (Wed, July 10)
- Extracurriculars: Evaluation & Creating Your Short-Term Action Plan (Mon, July 15)
- The Common Application (Wed, July 17)
- Types of Funding for U.S. Study & How to Apply (including Financial Forms) (Mon, July 22)
- Creating a Student Budget (Wed, July 24)
- Connecting to U.S. Universities: Research & The Art of the Email (Mon, July 29)
- Admissions Essays: Role & Strategies (Wed, July 31)
- Recommendations: Where & How to Get Great Letters (Mon, Aug 5)
- Mock Admissions Committee (Wed, Aug 7)
- Stress & Time Management (Mon, Aug 12)
- Other Study Destinations? (Wed, Aug 14)
- Wrap Up & Personalized Activities Plan (Fri, Aug 16)
* By popular demand, the session on the Common App was moved from July 29 to July 17.
Since the sessions are online, you can access them from your home or the beach or downtime during a music festival.
If you can’t take part during the session itself, you’ll be able to listen to the recording and still work on the materials – we’ll get you up to speed, never fear!
- EUR10/session (payable in RON, for each session or for a number of them);
- Free if you are enrolled in personalized counseling with EDMERICA.
Contact us for any questions and to register!